We provide thorough independent investigations to help organisations discover the facts behind problems in the workplace.
What Is A Workplace Investigation
A workplace investigation is an independent and unbiased investigation into a problem in the workplace. An investigator will conduct the investigation with integrity, fairness, impartiality and respect to uncover the cause of the problem and report their findings to the organisation. In employment related investigations the investigator should also be focussed on the possibilities of preserving a good working relationship between the parties and maximising their ability to succeed in the future. An organisation may request an investigation when the following situations occur in the workplace:
- A complaint against a staff member from the organisation
- A complaint from a staff member
- The basis for an incident is not clear. Eg A pattern of absences
- Conflicts of interest
- Bullying, harassment or sexual harassment
Investigation Process & Procedures at Work
The process for a Workplace Investigation is as follows:
- The facts are gathered by the investigator.
- The merits of the complaint are determined.
- Legal or process obligations are complied with during the investigation.
- Confidentiality is maintained to the greatest possible extent.
- The reputations of individuals and the organisation are preserved.
- Proper remedial action taken which avoids liability, and prevents future claims.
Conducting Effective Workplace Investigations
We conduct Workplace Investigations for clients who require an external resource to consider the facts and incidents involving complaints by and against employees in cases of bullying, harassment and discipline.
Arrange a free consultation to find out how you can create positive employee relations within your business or organisation.
Contact us on +353 1 640 1931 or complete the online form.